Each chakra represents a spiritual life lesson or challenge to help us gain a more in-depth understanding of our personal and spiritual power. This, in turn, helps us learn how to overcome obstacles, let go of emotional blockages, and walk the path towards spiritual consciousness.
The Manipura, or Solar Plexus Chakra, is our epicenter and the magnetic core of our personality and our ego.
The solar plexus chakra is represented by the Sanskrit name Manipura, which roughly translates as “city of gems” or “glorious gem.”
The Solar Plexus Chakra is your center of personal strength, learning and comprehension. It guides you through life by creating a strong sense of self, setting personal boundaries and building self-esteem and willpower. The ability to bring change into your life and to the world is born within this Chakra.
It is emotionally associated with self-confidence, happiness and joy. A healthy solar plexus chakra will help us feel strong in personal power, have a sense of “knowing”, and a good sense of belonging. You will feel a sense of peace and harmony with yourself, and life in general.
The solar plexus consists of 10 petals. These petals represent the 10 forms of subtle energy (Vayu’s) or the 10 obstacles to overcome
These are the attributes of each petal:
All of us will relate to these in varying degrees. The goal here is to become aware of our challenges and learn how to overcome these.
When the solar plexus chakra is balanced you may feel:
- Responsible and reliable
- Healthy self-esteem
- Sense of humor
- Able to make decisions and meet challenges
- Warmth in personality
When the solar plexus chakra is unbalanced, you may feel:
- Low self-esteem
- Lack of self-trust
- Weak will
- Poor digestion
- Victim mentality
- Unable to take responsibility
- Attraction to stimulants
- Not feeling good enough
When the solar plexus chakra is underactive you may feel:
- Eating, intestinal, or digestive disordersHypoglycemia
- Food allergies
- Chronic fatigue
When the solar plexus chakra is overactive you may feel:
- Overly aggressive
- Need to be right
- Power hungry
- Attraction to sedatives
In Pranic Healing, we are able to scan the chakras and determine if they are balanced or not. Once we have determined this, we have specific and effective healing tools to help correct these. As this is such an important chakra, keeping it healthy and in balance is vital for good physical health as well as mental/emotional health.
Another way to balance the solar plexus is through essential oils. These can rapidly calm emotions, improve digestion and instill a sense of peace and joy.
Here are some good options to try:
- Clary sage
- Use one or two drops and apply directly to the solar plexus. I also like to deeply inhale the fragrance of the oil to bring in peace and calm.
If you are experiencing imbalances in the solar plexus, using affirmations can help as well. Here are some examples:
Affirmations for the solar plexus chakra:
- I am enough
- I have purpose.
- I am worthy
- I am confident and authentic.
- I am strong, capable, and powerful.
What some of you may not know, is that there are corresponding chakras on the Earth. Earth’s solar plexus chakra is a dual chakra, said to lie at two massive rock formations called Uluru and Kata Tjuta. (The two are about 18 miles apart.) Rising several thousand feet out of the Australian desert. Spiritual groups have been gathering at these sacred places for many many years.
Another tool that is effective in balancing this chakra is to do a short meditation that focuses just on the solar plexus. Here is a short meditation that you can do right away to instill peace, calm and balance.
Solar Plexus Chakra Meditation-
- Find a quiet place where you can relax uninterrupted
- Play some relaxing music, light a candle or incense
- Sit in a chair with your back straight and your feet touching the floor
- Place your palms on your lap and close your eyes
- Take a few deep breaths and relax your muscles from the head down to your toes
- Bring your awareness now to your solar plexus area and visualize a bright sphere of goldish light. This is your center of inner power and manifestation in the physical world. Inhale into this area and see it becoming vibrant and golden. Exhale, and give yourself permission to let go of all stress, worry, tension. Repeat this a few times.
- Take a moment to express gratitude for everything your solar plexus has done and is doing to keep you healthy. Send love and compassion to your solar plexus chakra to accelerate the healing process.
- Continue this whilst doing some deep, relaxed breathing.
- When you’re ready, slowly open your eyes and affirm that you are happy, healthy and ready to embrace your day.
If you are wanting to learn more about your chakras and energy body, or if you are feeling the need to have healing, please visit our website PranicHealingTampa.com and get started!